The Dallas-Fort Worth Federal Executive Board
The Inter-Agency Mentoring Program
Created to leverage the knowledge, skills and abilities of employees who’s agencies participate in the DFWFEB, the Inter-Agency Mentoring Program’s goal is to develop stronger employees within the federal government.
We are currently seeking Mentors and Mentees to participate in this first cycle of the program.
Strong interpersonal skills
Commitment to self-improvement and the program.
For individuals, the DFWFEB Interagency Mentoring Program is designed to foster collaboration, expand the breadth of knowledge about the Federal government, be a safe place for the interchange of ideas, build confidence of all participants, increase knowledge, encourage growth, lead to employee retention, and provide a fresh perspective that is not tied to an established agency’s mindset.
For employers, the benefits of having mentors and mentees are: improved employee interaction contributing to higher job performance, the development of partnerships and allies, enhances a positive environment and provides a clear understanding of expectations for mentees, increases the retention by increasing comfort levels of employees, and a higher level of employee commitment and loyalty.
Forms To Apply for Mentor
Proposed Roll-Out Dates
- Week of February 12, 2018 – Rollout via email to DFW FEB Senior Executive Staff and Leadership. Includes Flyers. Promotional sessions on site.
- March 19 – Application Period Opens for Mentors and Mentees
- April 6 – Application Period Closes
- March 19 through April 20 – Applications Reviewed and Matches Made
- Week of April 23 to 27 – Memos sent Introducing Mentor to Mentee with an Invitation to the Kick Off Event
- Sep 2018 through March 2019: Quarterly Check-Ins
- May 2019 – Graduation and Thank You Event
CLICK BELOW TO VISIT THE MENTOR WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION