The Dallas-Fort Worth Federal Executive Board
Presents The 2019 – 2020 Inter-Agency Mentoring Program
Created to leverage the knowledge, skills and abilities of employees whose agencies participate in the DFWFEB, the Inter-Agency Mentoring Program’s goal is to develop stronger employees within the federal government.
Strong interpersonal skills
Commitment to self-improvement and the program.
For individuals, the DFWFEB Interagency Mentoring Program is designed to foster collaboration, expand the breadth of knowledge about the Federal government, be a safe place for the interchange of ideas, build confidence of all participants, increase knowledge, encourage growth, lead to employee retention, and provide a fresh perspective that is not tied to an established agency’s mindset.
For employers, the benefits of having mentors and mentees are: improved employee interaction contributing to higher job performance, the development of partnerships and allies, enhances a positive environment and provides a clear understanding of expectations for mentees, increases the retention by increasing comfort levels of employees, and a higher level of employee commitment and loyalty.
Forms To Apply for Mentor
- August 27 – Application Period Opens for Mentors and Mentees
- September 20 – Application Period Closes
- August 28 through October 17 – Applications Reviewed and Matches Made
- Weeks of October 22 to November 5 – Memos sent Introducing Mentor to Mentee with an Invitation to the Kick Off Event
- November 6 – Program Launch Event – 1:00 – 3:00PM – Arlington Public Library:
George W Hawkes Downtown Library 100 S. Center Street Arlington, TX 76010
- Oct 2019 through April 2020: Quarterly Check-Ins
- May 2020 – Graduation and Thank You Event
CLICK BELOW TO VISIT THE MENTOR WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION